This natural expedition takes place around the Tarapoto city; it is an expedition that allows you to discover the natural wealth of the Amazon rainforest that surrounds this great city.
Our main scenarios are linked to the Cordillera Escalera Regional Conservation Area that has a high biodiversity and representative landscapes of the Amazon rainforest; the main target species are the Koepcke’s Hermit (Phaethornis koepckeae), Hoatzin (Opisthocomus hoazin), the Chestnut-eared Araçari (Pteroglossus castanotis) and other representative species of lowland rainforest.
On the first day, after arrive at the airport, we depart to the Huallaga River to make an expedition through its waters, to observe landscapes and emblematic species. During the boat trip, we will be able to observe birds such as the Pied Lapwing (Vanellus cayanus), Hoatzin (Opisthocomus hoazin), Osprey (Pandion haliaetus), Chestnut-eared Araçari (Pteroglossus castanotis), Amazon Kingfisher (Chloroceryle amazona), Fasciated Tiger-Heron (Tigrisoma fasciatum) and other species that appear along the way.
At nightfall, we will go on a nocturnal wildlife expedition. In this tour we can see colorful frogs like Ranitomeya imitator, Allobates femoralis, Ameerega bassleri, Ameerega trivittata and owls like the Ferruginous Pygmy-Owl (Glaucidium brasilianum), Tropical Screech-Owl (Megascops choliba), Black- banded Owl (Ciccaba huhula) and Spectacled Owl (Pulsatrix perspicillata). Overnight at a local lodge.
On the second day we visit the surroundings of the Cordillera Escalera RCA to observe parrots, toucans, tanagers, woodpeckers and hummingbirds such as White-necked Jacobin (Florisuga mellivora), Gould’s Jewelfront (Heliodoxa aurescens), Gray breasted Sabrewing (Campylopterus largipennis), Fork-tailed Woodnymph (Thalurania furcata) and the endemic Koepcke’s Hermit (Phaethornis koepckeae).
In the afternoon, return to the airport where the service ends.
- Private transportation (including driver).
- Lodging and 3 meals per day.
- Entrance fees to natural reserves.
- Water, coffee and snacks.
- Nature guide.
- Specialized equipment and material.
- Air transportation (international and national)
- Extra drinks and meals on the route and lodging.
- Other extra service requested.
- International airfares, airport departure or visa fees, excess baggage charges, additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations, insurance of any kind, laundry, telephone calls or messages, flight reconfirmation and items of a personal nature.